Core drill made of high-speed steel. Suitable for steel (such as I-beam, large-sized sheets), cast steel, non-ferrous and light metals. With an advanced blade geometry, a significantly improved cutting performance is achieved, which has a positive effect on the cutting performance and tool life. 1 Optimised cutting edge geometry for increased cutting performance and reduced cutting forces. 2 The rake angle is designed for universal use in various types of steel. 3 Improved chip evacuation by U-shaped notching. The special geometry of the notching reduces the thermal load on the high-speed steel, the core drill, since the heat generated during machining is largely removed with the chip. 4 Reduction of the friction occurs between the high-speed steel core drill and the workpiece through optimised, spiralling circular guiding chamfers. Specifications: Diameter: 30.0 mm Overall length: 63.0 mm Cutting: High-speed steel Depth of cut: 30 mm Mounting: Weldon shank, 19.0 mm (3/4 inch) Machine: TX 900 Surface: bright Right-hand cutting
- Core drills have up to 10 x shorter drilling time compared to standard bits.
- Core drills only cut the teeth width, the drilling core is drilled out.
- Lower energy consumption and slippage results in a longer service life/
- With further developments in the cutting geometry a markedly better cut can be reached that has a positive effect on the cutting performance and service life.
- Centring, pre-drilling and drilling out become redundant.