Makita has a legacy of innovation in the cordless impact driver Category, and the XDT12Z sets new standards. The XDT12Z has more torque and more speed than previous models, yet it has more features and the most compact size in the 18 volt Category. For contractors, the XDT12Z is a total fastening solution (18V LXT batteries and charger sold separately). the XDT12Z offers users four speed settings, as well as Makita’s exclusive Quick-Shift mode for increased fastening control. Precision fastening applications often require the user to stop or slow down the impact driver just prior to driving the screw into place to ensure there is no damage to the fastener or work piece. Quick-shift mode is an automatic electronic controller that downshifts to reduce rotation and impact speed prior to driving the screw into place. It is engineered to minimize screw thread stripping, screw breakage and damage to work. In addition, the XDT12Z features assist mode, which helps eliminate “screw cam-out” and “cross threading” by driving at low speed until tightening begins. It is ideal for driving longer fasteners. The Makita-built BL Brushless motor delivers a full 1,550 in.Lbs. Of max torque in the 4th speed setting. The 4-speed power selection switch provides the user with precise fastening control for a range of applications, from cabinet screws to lag bolts. It weighs only 3.3 lbs. With the 4.0Ah battery, and with a length of only 4-5/8″ it is the most compact in its Category.
- Quick-Shift mode selector has an automatic electronic controller that downshifts and reduces rotation and impact speed prior to driving screw into place
- BL Brushless motor delivers 3,600 max RPM and 1,550 in.Lbs. Of max torque
- 4-Speed power selection switch (0-1,100/ 0-2,100/ 0-3,200/ 0-3,600 RPM & 0-1,100/ 0-2,600/ 0-3,600/ 0-3,800 IPM) provides precise fastening control for a wide range of applications
- Assist mode (a-mode) feature helps eliminate “screw cam-out” and “cross threading” by driving at low speed until tightening begins
- Tightening mode (t-mode) for faster tightening of Self-Drilling screws; helps prevent damage to the screw or workpiece